On 29/09/06, Ilia Alshanetsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A good deal of time has passed and it seems Derick and Pierre are no
closer to the consensus about the filter extension and in the
meantime 5.2 release process is stalling. At this point I think as
the Release Manager I need make a decision on how to proceed. Before
I make a decision I'd like to hear some feedback from other
developers and users of PHP on what they think.

The current options are:

[ ] Indefinitely delay 5.2 release until filter issue can be resolved.
[ ] Remove filter from PHP 5.2 and hope that some near-future release
will re-introduce it
[ ] Go with what we have right now, and if filter developers want to
make changes they'll need to do so in a manner backwards compatible
to the current code.

+1 for Go with what we have. As said, it IS experimental. But it is an
important extension to assist in securing PHP input's.

(P.S. Am I allowed to vote? I'm over 21! I'm not black and I'm employed.)

--
-----
Richard Quadling