I like it :)
+1

Edin

On Feb 4, 2007, at 8:25, Andi Gutmans wrote:

Hi,

I thought I may have brought this up a long time ago but couldn't find anything in the archives. For a long time already I've been thinking about possibly adding a new syntax for array(...) which would be shorter. I'd suggest [...]. While I am usually not in favor of having more than one way to do things, I think it'd look much more elegant especially (but
not only) for nested arrays.

So what I'm thinking of is:
array(1, 2, 3) == [1, 2, 3]
array(1, 2, array("foo", "bar")) == [1, 2, ["foo", "bar"]]
array("key" => 1, "key2" => 2) == ["key" => 1, "key2" => 2]

$arr = [1, 2, 3]
vs.
$arr = array(1, 2, 3)

Well enough examples given :)
I think it's not worth doing unless there's overwhelming support as it's not desperately needed. But I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts. It seems implementation shouldn't be an issue but I'd have to dive a bit deeper.

Andi

Edin Kadribasic, Emini A/S
Symbion Science Park, Fruebjergvej 3
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark