Hey Ilia

This is a fantastic idea! And as for not being complex - actually I think it is quite a challenge. I (and a couple of colleagues) have spent a bit of time over the past two months trying to work out how best to do this, you need to get a pretty good idea of how PHP works in order to be able to write the tests. This might not seem to hard to you who are already so familiar with the internals but - for a student that wanted to get a good understanding of how PHP works - this would be a great project. And of course - gaining this kind of understanding in PHP means that you get to understand general principles that apply to other languages.

Zoe
IBM

Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
Ca we have a project designed to improve code coverage of PHP by creating .phpt tests? I may not seem like a complex project, but in terms of improving PHP as a language it would be exceptionally useful. Probably more so then any one extension that can come out of GSoC.