Hi,

On 5/7/07, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A little note about executing a phar file, no phar extension is
> required to execute a phar archive, neither to create it (see

Right, but php and PEAR are required to read/create/inspect the archive.

Who has inspected pear.phar? Not a lot I think, but we all installed
pear using at least once (without ext/phar).

Not pear directly but PHP_Archive or the pecl/phar. However phar is
good to test something in a non intrusive way (no file to install, you
can do "php foo.phar" or run it in a webserver if you rename it to
.php) or as a self contained installer. But I would not recommend to
ever use a phar for other purposes like in a production environment.

--Pierre