Hello Pierre,

> Hello,

> On 6/5/07, Marcus Boerger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I sniped the rest as we can argue endlessly about what should be in or
> out, I think I made my point

> However, in case I did not make it, here it is:

>> Just a standard OOP function. Nothign that belongs into the engine.

> If it is standard OO, it belongs to the engine, the core of the
> language. And the PHP internals developers (as for any language
> related decisions) should have the responsibility not a couple of
> extension maintainers.

While the engine changes the language, SPL only faciliates what the engine
allows. For instance you can write any number of exceptions but SPL gives a
nice number of default exception classes with a documented semantics. It is
similar to the exception classes in C++/STL and there they are also not part
of the language but of the extension (STL in this case). And I tried to do
the same for PHP just as we did the same with ext/standard which hosts stuff
that is part of the C API rahther than the C lnaguage. Where sizof/count is
the exception to the rule. We have it in the ext while C/C++ have it in the
language. Well it returns size_t which is part of the API rather than the
language (damn broken design imo).

Best regards,
 Marcus