-1
Because the majority of the installation (somebody two month ago in this
list mentioned that php 5 has just 10% adoption) is still php4 just makes no
sense to drop the support. I see (and understand) both the desire of the
developers and the objective reasons for the rush on the new versions, and I
would propose to drop php4 when php6 is out. Then, probably, because of the
new features in v6 the v4 users will consider migration (and then will
become obvious that php4 soon will be and has to be dropped).
So I would vote +1 if it was not "at the end of the year" but instead, "when
php6 is released" (or if you have strict plan to do this release before the
end of this year, then count my vote as +1).