On 7/6/07, Oliver Block <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Vesselin,

what is the source of your numbers?

Best Regards,

Oliver

Vesselin Kenashkov schrieb:
> -1
> Because the majority of the installation (somebody two month ago in this
> list mentioned that php 5 has just 10% adoption) is still php4 just
> makes no
> sense to drop the support.

I can not find the specific message...
But googling I found this:
http://www.nexen.net/chiffres_cles/phpversion/php_stats_evolution_for_november_2006.php
So as of november 2006  the php5 adoption was slightly above 12%. Having the
time passed since (and looking on the graphics - 8% per year), we can guess
that now it is close to 20%. If this speed keeps constant in time even the
50% will be passed in years (probably 2)... So the php4 users must be
encouraged (in the proper way ;) ) to migrate.
End of the offtopic.

I just want to rise again my question - do you think that php4->php6
migration will possible/popular? Is there a strong reason preventing this?
So this gets back to the point to bind the php4 EOL date with php6 release
cycle.

Vesselin Kenashkov