On Fri, July 6, 2007 11:48 am, Antony Dovgal wrote:
> On 06.07.2007 20:44, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
>>> You don't by a Porsche if you need a taxi, why would you install
>>> PHP6 if
>>> you don't need Unicode?
>>
>> Namespaces ;)
>
> This reason is only valid if we don't backport such things from PHP6
> to PHP5
> (5.3, 5.5 or whatever it would be), which I think we should do.

Then PHP 6 is going to be a very weird beast...

It adds only the Unicode feature that a tiny niche market needs,
because everything else will be back-ported to PHP 5.

So the only adopters of PHP 6 will be:
  Users who need Unicode
  Users who just cannot wait for that new feature to get back-ported
  Masochists :-)

For how long will this back-port to PHP 5 policy be in effect?

The whole lifetime of PHP 6?

Until PHP 7 is "stable"?

Until the Unicode advocates get tired of back-porting? :-v

Will users then jump from PHP 5 to 7?

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?