On 11.07.2007, at 15:11, David Coallier wrote:

On 7/11/07, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11.07.2007, at 14:06, Sebastian Mendel wrote:

> +1
>
> Guilherme Blanco schrieb:
>
>> Have you ever asked yourselves... why? why PHP5's adoption is so bad?
>
> it was badly advertised!
>
> most people don't even know how much faster it is!
> to say nothing about of all the new features not known by most
> developers!
> (of course - most people here now them)

well actually php 5.0 was slower for many things .. objects where
slightly faster. 5.1 and now 5.2 bring the performance/quality up to
where things where with php 4 at the time.

Fun :)) After 4 years php5 is now as fast as php4 :O

well now i would assume its faster ... especially since the amount of OO happy code has increased. the last round of benchmarks i remember showed 5.1 to be more or less on par or faster. so now with 5.2 i would hope that we are now mostly faster across the board. would be nice to have performance regression measurement as part of the test suite.

regards,
Lukas