On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:06:02 +0200, Sebastian Mendel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1
>
> Guilherme Blanco schrieb:
>
>> Have you ever asked yourselves... why? why PHP5's adoption is so bad?
>
> it was badly advertised!
Can't argue with that. :)

> most people don't even know how much faster it is!
Technically speaking, I'd have to insert a /can/ here.
On that note; has anyone done any testing/ benchmark work with graph(s) or
data reports to substantiate any of this? Seems like it would sure be /good/
advertising.
> to say nothing about of all the new features not known by most developers!
Again; a nice comparison list would sure work well. With maybe a link on php.net
pointing to it. Say --> What are the differences between PHP4 and PHP5 --> link
to feature difference chart. Or --> performance gains using PHP5 --> link to
statistical analysis numbers/graphs/data.
> (of course - most people here now them)
:)

> last but not least the missing functionality to easily setup used PHP
> version per directory ... giving hosters the tool to make their customers
> an
> easy way to adopt/test their sites ...
Speaking of such things; if anyone was willing to provide me a decent outline
for accomplishing this, I'd be willing to do a work-up on the analysis mentioned
above. Not to mention; document my experience and steps to accomplish the
"parallel" install.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.