On Thu, July 19, 2007 1:59 am, David wrote:
>> cvs co -r PHP_5_2
>>
>> ./buildconf
>>
>> ./configure \
>> --enable-fastcgi \
>> --enable-debug \
>> --with-pgsql \
>> --disable-xml \
>> --disable-libxml \
>> --disable-simplexml \
>> --disable-xmlreader \
>> --disable-exmlwriter \
>> --disable-dom \
>> --without-pear
>>
>> make
>>
>> zend_language_scanner.c: No such file or directory
>
> I've had that exact same problem intermittently. Although there's a
> line in
> Makefile that tries to build this file (by using bison), it seems
> non-functional. Try "make Zend/ zend_language_scanner.c". In my
> experience,
> this line returns without error but performs nothing.
>
> If you manually execute the line in the Makefile (substituting the
> appropriate variables), you'll have a zend_language_scanner.c and
> things
> will be happy.

So I dink around with the Makefile a bit changing LEX=flex and LEX=
exit0; back and forth...

I get past the zend_language_scanner bit, I guess, and then it blows
up in my face with a whole bunch of errors about undefined reference
in spl_autoload, basic_functions, tokenizer, php_execute_script,
php_lint_script, zend_ini_parser, ...

The undefined references are to things like:
zend_destroy_file_handle
zend_file_handle_dtor
zif_highlight_file
highlight_file
zend_save_lexical_state
open_file_for_scanning
.
.
.

Yeah, maybe I shoulda left the Makefile alone... :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?