On 7/19/07, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeah I also like that casting better than the "u"

It's different things. Casting means "create string as binary, then in
runtime cast it to unicode", u"" means "this string is unicode".
--

You are right that casting means string -> binary, and that runtime
cast to unicode means a string is unicode, however, after speaking

One solution that I could foresee would be to recognize (unicode)
within a function call.
Ex:
strlen( (unicode) "Óglaig");

This would runtime-cast Óglaig to a "unicode string".

Expected answers:
1) I don't find it to be useful and better than "u"