On Thu, July 19, 2007 7:52 pm, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
>> Yeah I also like that casting better than the "u"
>
> It's different things. Casting means "create string as binary, then in
> runtime cast it to unicode", u"" means "this string is unicode".

Oh.

I think we're going to have to write some documentation on that one
before implementation, or a zillion users are gonna be very very
confused...

If it remains one of those "undocumented function" for any length of
time, expect mass confusion :-)

u"stuff typed in unicode" to allow creation of Unicode strings in PHP5
seems like a Good Idea to this naive reader, if it's easy enough to
code that.

It may even ease the transition from 5 to 6 for some?

Presumably u"foo" would be a no-op in PHP 6 with semantics "on" and
not generate some kind of silly error or something, right?...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?