From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nicolas
Bérard-Nault
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 10:03 AM
To: Derick Rethans
Cc: David Zülke; PHP Internals
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Question about Namespace patch

Despite all the comments made on this list by countless people, it's still
Stanislav's way or the highway. I don't want to sound negative but come
on... this is getting ridiculous. Stanislav, why don't you just tell
everybody that you'll stop answering because the patch will stay AS IT IS
over your dead body anyway ? I think you'll save us all some time.

This discussion is endless and not productive. I can't speak for anybody
here but I think a vote by all people who have commit access to php-src
would clarify this issue once and for all so we can just move along.

But that's just my 2 cents.

On 7/23/07, Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Why use namespaces if you are going to do this?  You are just bringing
> your
> > > classes into the global name space.  The nice thing about namespaces
> IMO, is
> > > that I don't have to have a class named SQLAlchemy_Transaction.  I can
> just
> > > have a class named Transaction in the SQLAlchemy namespace.  I can
> then
> > > create a new object using $obj = new SQLAlchemy::Transaction.
> >
> > Oh yes, sure, that must be the main point about namespaces - I can use
> "::"
> > instead of "_" as a delimiter! Yay!
>
> You forgot that you can also move the "prefix" in front of the class
> name to "namespace prefix!"
>
> > Come on, you can't be serious.
>
> I sort of agree, I don't see how the current implementation is really
> useful for anything.
>
> regards,
> Derick
> --
> Derick Rethans
> http://derickrethans.nl | http://ez.no | http://xdebug.org
>
> --

Nicolas Bérard-Nault ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Étudiant D.E.C. Sciences, Lettres & Arts
Cégep de Sherbrooke

Homepage: http://nicobn.googlepages.com

Plus ca change, plus c'est pareil.

--