Is this something that you would consider for PHP ?
As far as I can tell from the list the two main considerations are not
pushing the decision to the executor and it being simple.

I can consider it as much as I want - and applications like Zend Framework do work this way - but I also know not everybody works this way. In fact, I get requests right here for having all code of whole library handled as single file...

The only downside is that this now requires a 1 class / file. This
IMHO isn't a massive problem as long as it can be explained, and those
who have the task of splitting this up now can do an import Foo::*; ?

I don't see any imports involving * happening, since they all have a common problem - you don't know what you are importing. Fortunately, they also are completely unnecessary - if you need all things inside Foo, why won't you just refer to them as Foo::things?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]