Brian Moon wrote
> > import SQLAlchemy::Column
> > import SQLAlchemy::Table
> > import SQLAlchemy::Join
> > import SQLAlchemy::ForeignKey
> > import SQLAlchemy::Session
> > import SQLAlchemy::Transaction
>
> Why use namespaces if you are going to do this?  You are just bringing
> your classes into the global name space.  The nice thing about
> namespaces IMO, is that I don't have to have a class named
> SQLAlchemy_Transaction.  I can just have a class named Transaction in
> the SQLAlchemy namespace.  I can then create a new object using $obj =
> new SQLAlchemy::Transaction.

Because I just want those names directly available in one part of my
application - the one which uses a lot of SQL. As far as I see this is not
possibl with the proposed implementation - I can't do a local (file-scope or
namespace-scope) import.

All other languages I know that have namespaces (Java, python, C++) allow
programmers to import other namespaces locally - usually for a single file.

--
Paweł Stradomski