On 8/14/07, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > OO. And anyway, are we struggling to find excuses here? Can we in no way
> > ever at least try to be consistent in anything we do? That JS argument is an
>
> How "consistent" had acquired a meaning of "doing it my way"? There's
> nothing inconsistent in the name "namespace" and it is very consistent
> with what people understand - I quoted wiki on that. I'm still waiting
> for that non-"C++ does it with braces" argument btw.
> --
> Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Software Architect
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
> (408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --

I am for package because:

- The keywords are actually the words used in similar technology as
such as java and python
- The single namespace per file is common to a package design but hey
- No hierarchical namespaces (within one namespace)
- I believe it will be easier to anyone who will be learning our
namespace/package to keep on going learning other languages. Since the
our implementation is very package like, it will not be so much
confusing for someone in C++ that will be using namespaces and will be
simple for someone coming from Java to use our package system (yet
less complex than java, thanks for that)

- For Stas (There are no brackets) :)
- Because no one can say "Do you have a patch?" since there is already
one made and ready to be applied.

I now stand as a spectator.

do I get a 2 cents or so ? :P

0x02 cents.