While PHP implementation of namespaces is may not be 100% of what people consider to be namespaces it is close enough and I think the name "namespaces" is most appropriate and clear cut. We don't call PHP objects "Zend Objects" or some other strange name, I don't see why namespaces should be any different IMHO.