On 16.08.2007 23:40, Tijnema wrote:
On 8/16/07, Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No it's not, we only support 2.5.4.

Confusing answers, but anyway, configure doesn't fail on flex, neither
does it generate a warning or such. It says (from the log) Checking
for flex.. and Checking for flex version..

It has been discussed numerous times, search the archives.
Here is the link for starters:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=618177&aid=1447867&group_id=97492

For quick ones, the answer as to why nobody ever bothered about it:
http://marc.info/?l=php-dev&m=105066214431326&w=2

and btw derick, since when is 2.5.4 newer than 2.5.33? 2.5.4 has been
released in 1997, and 2.5.33 in 2006, which is still the latest stable
version atm.

"Latest stable" doesn't always mean "better".
We still use autoconf 2.13 because it's been proved to be the most stable and
fastest version ever.

But you're encouraged to change this, flex people have left some basic instructions, see the first link I mentioned above.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal