Its been about a week since RFS for features to go into 5.3 has gone out and while there was not a "flood" of ideas there is a substantial list of key changes people would like to go into this release. I've compiled a list of all of the suggestions I've received, they are listed below in a form that will hopefully make it easy for people to vote their yeys and nays. My hope that we can reach an agreement within 1-2 weeks so 5.3 can be branched and work on it can begin.

List of Feature Ideas
----------------------------

1) Backport the namespaces patch for PHP 6

1               0               -1

2) Symlink the intl extension from PECL, but leave it disabled by default as is the case with all extensions dependent on external libs

1               0               -1

3) Apply the Late Static Binding Patch

1               0               -1

4) Implement David's Circular Garbage collection patch

1               0               -1

5) Implement Sqlite3 support via the ext/sqlite extension (patch is already available)

1               0               -1

6) Remove safe_mode, register_globals and magic_quotes

1               0               -1

7) Introduce mysqlind library into core and use it as a backend for PDO and mysqli extensions (possibly enabling them by default)

1               0               -1

8) OpenID enabling patch for OpenSSL and PHP 5

1               0               -1

9) Add array_replace[_recursive] functions (patch is already available)

1               0               -1

10) Split off deprecation from E_STRICT into E_DEPRECATED

1               0               -1

11) Merge the zend_arg_info const'ify patch

1               0               -1

12) Merge the GCC 4 -fvisibility patch

1               0               -1

13) Switch for disabling/enabling materialized cursors in mysqli

1               0               -1

14) Link phar extension from PECL into core (possibly enabling it by default)

1               0               -1

15) Merge Matt's ZEND_SIGNED_MULTIPLY_LONG() optimization patch

1               0               -1

16) Introduce new php.ini files parser/scanner + CGI/FastCGI? "htaccess" style ini file support

1               0               -1

17) Merge __callStatic patch from PHP 6

1               0               -1

18) Introduce concept of "strict classes" that do not permit dynamic property creation

1               0               -1

Ilia Alshanetsky