1) Backport the namespaces patch for PHP 6

1 as soon as we have it stabilized.

2) Symlink the intl extension from PECL, but leave it disabled by default as is the case with all extensions dependent on external libs

1

3) Apply the Late Static Binding Patch

1

4) Implement David's Circular Garbage collection patch

Only if no significant performance degradation or one could turn it on/off at will.

5) Implement Sqlite3 support via the ext/sqlite extension (patch is already available)

1

6) Remove safe_mode, register_globals and magic_quotes

-1 I think it's still too early. If we have E_DEPCRECATED however we might add some annoyances to them ;)

7) Introduce mysqlind library into core and use it as a backend for PDO and mysqli extensions (possibly enabling them by default)

Introduce - +1, use as default - not sure, does mysqlnd has any downsides? If not, +1 too.

8) OpenID enabling patch for OpenSSL and PHP 5

1

9) Add array_replace[_recursive] functions (patch is already available)

0

10) Split off deprecation from E_STRICT into E_DEPRECATED

0. Why do we *need* it again?

11) Merge the zend_arg_info const'ify patch

1

12) Merge the GCC 4 -fvisibility patch

1

13) Switch for disabling/enabling materialized cursors in mysqli

0

14) Link phar extension from PECL into core (possibly enabling it by default)

-1, we discussed why :) 0 if not enabled by default.

15) Merge Matt's ZEND_SIGNED_MULTIPLY_LONG() optimization patch

1

16) Introduce new php.ini files parser/scanner + CGI/FastCGI? "htaccess" style ini file support

0. We need to check very thoroughly we won't have security trouble with it like we had with .htaccess. If it's ok then 1.

17) Merge __callStatic patch from PHP 6

1 with all other __static too.

18) Introduce concept of "strict classes" that do not permit dynamic property creation

-1 for now, not sure it's that useful, we are "dynamic" language ;)

I also think the following items are not mentioned:

Dynamic class access ($class::method)
(binary) operator which is the same as (string)
remove --enable-fastcgi and family, always enable them
remove warning for var
Non-parsed heredocs (nowdocs)
goto
__construct in interfaces