Scott MacVicar wrote:
6) Remove safe_mode, register_globals and magic_quotes

1        0        -1

+1, The sooner we get rid of this the better, though I could see things going wrong if its not properly documented for everyone. I'd perhaps not remove the functions such as get_magic_quotes_gpc and the likes and just have them acting like they are disabled. This would prevent bc breaks for most applications.

Don't forget that the majority of users have yet to move FROM PHP4. So making things even more difficult to port over is not a good idea. I have two legacy sections of code that I STILL have not worked out what is stopping me switching off register_globals - code that I inherited from others.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL