On a related note. Code like:

$foo = array("a" => range(1,10), "b" => range(11,20));
print_r($foo[][0]);

results in

Fatal error: Cannot use [] for reading in Command line code on line 3

It would be incredibly useful when handling regular two-dimensional
database-resultsets. Essentially, what I'm after is things like this:

$result = $pdo->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);
$result = array_combine(result[]['my_id'], $result);

If I prepared a patch that made this possible, would it be considered
for inclusion? Is there any issues I've overlooked or other
objections?