On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Dan Scott wrote:

> In that case, you should:
>
> 1) Have a legal entity that you can assign copyright to (PHP Group and
> PHP Documentation Group are not legal entities and therefore cannot
> hold copyright) and

Actually, I think the issue is more that:

> > > However, a ~couple months ago IBM gave permission to remove this
> > > copyright (because the authors are listed as general contributors,
> > > thus representing IBM) although we've not yet implemented this
> > > removal. We did [temporary] remove it about six months ago but...

There is no requirement in most countries* to show that something is
copyrighted, as it's a basic right. It's protected by default, so the
whole "© 2005  IBM Corporation" is unnecessary. None of the other
contributers ever required something like this.

* Atleast in the Netherlands, and what I gather from wikipedia also in
the US through the Berne convention
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works)

regards,

Derick