based on the reactions it has been recieving I would disagree. that is not to
say
that completing the baking process would not result in a wonderful functional
addition
to the language. I'm just advocating putting it on the backburner until the
cooking
time is complete.

So far I have yet to see an improvement proposal except for:
1. Let's do it with braces
and
2. Multiple namespaces per file.

Neither of these doesn't make the concept "half-baked" if it's decided on either side - first being tiny syntax detail blown entirely out of proportion and second being technicality of little use for most people except for sites engaging in exotic performance practices they better didn't. Both do not have much to do with the conceptual level.

you have metrics to back that up? of course not because it's a completely
subjective

Metrics of what?

I agree that namespaces pontentially offer a tool that allows developers to
create
clearer structure in their code but given that it's only a potential why not
take a time

Sure it's only a potential - there's no released PHP version with namespaces. Only way to hammer out practical namespaces issues is to start using them, and that doesn't happen until - well, we start using them.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]