On Feb 1, 2008 8:13 PM, Cristian Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/1/25, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Now this is an easy fix but would lead to bad strings silently converted
> > to empty strings. The question is - should we have an error there? If
> > so, which one - E_WARNING, E_NOTICE? I'm for E_WARNING.
>
> Yes , E_WARNING is the right thing to have IMHO.

Stupid question, who actually checks for E_* in his code at runtime
after having called such functions? Not me and I would hate to. It
sounds to me like a perfect exception use case. As this function can
return nearly everything scalar we have (boolean, string, null,
integer,...) we can't use our normal "returns FALSE on failure".

Cheers,
--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org