On Sun, February 3, 2008 7:51 pm, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
>> Like I mentioned before (I think), it should not return an empty
>> string
>> of course because programmatically it's not possible to check for
>> this.
>> As most of our functions return false in those cases, so should this
>> function.
>
> AFAIR false is not valid JSON, so it would break a lot of code. Also,
> am not sure we should change json_encode to return false on whole
> structure if one of the fields contains invalid utf-8.

I see what you are saying, but...

If you want to write good quality code, you have to do something
reasonable here.

PERHAPS:

Return false

E_WARNING

Put partially decoded value somewhere in a variable to be accessed, so
that the programmer can make an informed decision about what to do.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?