Hi,

Globally -1. I'm against any CLA in php.net. It was a mistake in the
first place to accept restricted modules. There is many repositories
out there, and the companies that need a CLA also have the resources
to create their own PECL channels. But they may not have the fantastic
advantages brought by being in php.net, like QA, visibility, etc.

Secondly it is not correct to mix the topics. PDO will have a future,
no matter if we accept a CLA or not. The same companies (I would like
to say, the company) will participate anyway. Their customers need it.

I think this quote fits well in this thread:

       -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org