On Feb 1, 2008 11:10 PM, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Antony Dovgal wrote:
>
> > On 01.02.2008 23:26, Marcus Boerger wrote:
> > > Sorry for not writing this earlier. So how does this idea sound?
> >
> > It sounds quite bad.
> >
> > If you want to do something good for PHP - either respect its rules, or go
> > away.
> > Changing the rules to fit your needs is not acceptable.
>
> I don't have a particular horse to back in this race, and I realize
> people are passionate on both sides, but can we please have a polite
> discussion on this topic?

There was nothing not polite in Tony's reply.

> Furthermore, I think Marcus has contributed enough to PHP that he does
> not deserve to hear that what would be good for PHP is for him to "go
> away." PDO opinions aside, I don't think any of us would actually
> think that would put PHP in a more healthy situation.

The targets were these/this companies(y) pushing CLA in php.net when
it is not necessary to contribute. It has been proven already since
months on a nearly daily basis.

For example:
http://blogs.oracle.com/opal/discuss/msgReader$268

and the numerous contributions from IBM people.

--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org