On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Philip Olson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  The Google Summer of Code sponsors students to work on Open Source
>  projects over each summer. This RFC introduces guidelines and goals
>  involving how we handle the SoC process.
[snip="important info"]

    Philip (or anyone else who can answer);

    According to the information I've read (and I'll admit, I've
*heard* of the GSoC, but am by no means familiar with it), the
organization receives a small stipend as the representative group.  My
question is: how is this usually spent?

    The reason I ask is because I'd be very interested in mentoring a
student on a project if we can use this money to help move the RFC
Wiki (or similar) idea forward.  Besides, I'd be killing two birds
with one stone.... as it was, I was trying to figure out how I'd
afford the box and bandwidth as it is, because the Wiki idea - as I
think others may agree - is an excellent step toward the future of the
development of PHP.  So it's not an unselfish move on my part.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>