Here is a patch that appears to fix the Windows build:
http://www.thewritingpot.com/patches/php-re2c-windows.patch
I made re2c required; if pre-generated files are supplied, however, we
might be able to get away without it.

I also had to download re2c binaries from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96864 and put them
in my path. Whoever's maintaining zip.zip will want to update it.

It appears Visual C++ 2005 Express does not support gotos to variable
labels (it does support vanilla gotos out of the box, however). So I
didn't bother porting the goto check code. Someone might want to do that
later if we start supporting other compilers.

Zend-related source files appear to have compiled successfully; re2c
didn't give any output and exited with error code 0 (I assume it worked).

--
 Edward Z. Yang                        GnuPG: 0x869C48DA
 HTML Purifier <http://htmlpurifier.org> Anti-XSS Filter