Felipe Pena wrote:
>> Right, this shouldn't even be on the agenda before we have scalar type
>> hints. So, perhaps you can make a patch for that first Felipe?
>
> I don't thought this before!
> Sure, i'll try provide a patch.

Just so this side was mentioned once again too: There are people who
consider type hints and especially scalar type hints A Bad Thing(tm) as
it is contrary to the PHP strength of dynamic typing and automatic type
conversion.

I just ran into this (IMHO unnecessary) limitation with array_reduce:
Why should it only reduce to an int? Why not a string or an array? I
plan on submitting a patch for PHP 6 to allow other types too.

- Chris