On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 20:04 +0200, John Carter -X (johncart - PolicyApp
Ltd at Cisco) wrote:
> I think there's been two responses to this query:
>
> 1. We can't have properties in interfaces because interfaces don't have
> properties. I would say this is tautological and doesn't add anything.
>
> 2. Why would you need to? Getters and setters work.
>
> So I suppose to answer my question for myself, there's no real technical
> reason for not having properties in interfaces, but getters and setters
> work just fine and no-one (including me) really misses them.

I have to agree. Enforcing existence of a property is just as much part
of an interface as enforcing the existence of a method. Why go down the
clutzy getter and setter method route when properties were meant to be
accessed. Why should code be made slower? Methods are at least an order
of magnitude slower than direct property access.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com