Hi Todd,

Well, I can at least comment on how it is used in the code that
I inherited.

Thanks for that.

Just to be very clear, I'm not talking about removing it (even though it's been marked deprecated for 8 years plus). I'm just talking about switching it off by default. It's been turned off by default in php.ini-recommended since PHP 4.0, but never in php.ini-dist or in the source.

In PHP 5.3 we have better support for PHP_INI_DIR, so it'd probably make better sense to do it now than before.

- Steph