Hello Steph,

Is it me, or the wiki post talks about param and return by ref?

Return by ref is not related to call-time pass by ref, is it?

Anyway, my opinion is clear on that one: shoot that dead cow. It's
been deprecated for years, and you should declare your function
prototypes with the param by ref anyway if you need it.

Regards,
Olivier