Steph Fox wrote:
I looked into it again (and found things I didn't know before). This one's bugging me enough that I braved the Wiki:

http://wiki.php.net/rfc/calltimebyref

It has:

| Proposal
|
| Switch allow_call_time_pass_reference off by default in PHP_5_3
| branch. At present there is no warning when running PHP under default
| settings, whereas in PHP 6 there will be a 'deprecated' warning given
| and no means of turning it off.

We will be switching it on for our extension requirements. It would be nice if it can be turned on in the [extension] section and the PHP parser would enabled it per the extension's API call only and not others.

--
Hector Santos