hi,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Johannes Schlüter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 16:31 +0200, Pierre Joye wrote:
>> * Extension being deleted (not removed, a "cvs rm" will be done)
>>
>>    mhash, no impact as we provide a compatibility layer via ext/hash
>> (Thanks to Scott)
>
> We should keep this somewhere in Siberia like we did with other
> extensions we removed. (PHP 4 XML stuff for instance)

I was not clear, sorry. There is no point to keep it in siberia as the
whole user API will still be available. You can see this move as a
dependency removal. libmcrypt is not used anymore and the ext/mhash
functions will be implemented using ext/hash, in ext/hash.

>> * Extension looking for love (if noone raises the hand, they will end
>> in PECL too)
>>
>>  -  ncurses
>>  I can help here for the windows port and pdcurses support on unix and
>> windows. Hartmurt agreed for the move it to pecl for 5.3.
>
> hm, I thought this was already done, go for it.

It will be done shortly.

>>  - smnp
>>  nice ext, any ISP out there willing to help? I can help for the windows
>> support
>
> Last time I checked it worked nicely and I know other user which have no
> problems either, so I guess there's not much maintenance needed. The
> only thing I see is implementing new parameter parsing API.
>
> So I don't see a reason to move it to PECL.

But who knows which minimum snmp version should be supported (I say
should not could)? What can I change on windows to support a decent
snmp version (don't look at the version we used now :)?

No one maintains it, the user base is relatively small (very small
even). We have moved working extensions to pecl in the past because
they were not maintained (and that's a very good reason). If you feel
like you can help to maintain it, please do it. As I said earlier, I
can give a hand to improve it and make it work smoothly on windows but
I can't do it alone.

>> Can be moved PECL
>> - interbase
>> - fpdf
>> - fbsql
>> - sybase and sybase_ct
>
> Moving fpdf shouldn't be a problem, for the others I can't really judge,
> I don't know a user of these, but that's me.

I'd to wait a couple of days but I think there is no issue to move them.

--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org