Hi Lukas,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> These extension seem widely used enough that we have to make it an effort to
> support them.

If it is so widely used, why noone complains about this removal? Why
there is nobody taking care of the bugs or sending patches?

That's why I doubt that these extensions are widely used. And if there
is users, they are in controlled environments like dedicated servers
or intranet and can then install them from PECL. If that makes you
feel better, I can make releases in PECL and post something about
their status.

> Removing them is removing a key feature our user base experts
> to find. Now for PHP6 I see this a bit differently, especially provided we
> have decent support for these databases via PDO.

I don't see them as key features, and I doubt the PDO support will be
any better if no one actually care about them. It is even worst in the
case of firebird as even the firebird author(s) clearly stated what
they think about PDO and that they are not going to help (that's what
I understand).

Cheers,
--
Pierre