On 22.06.2008, at 23:21, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

Hi!

is this in any way related to the parameter parsing API change that caused the BC break in array_merge() back in PHP 5.0? If so then I would

I don't really remember about array_merge in detail, but this change shouldn't (I know, famous last words :) create any BC break unless you rely on weird stuff like array-to-string implicit conversion (which you really really shouldn't touch with a ten foot pole anyway).

The break in array_merge() was that previously it would cast the parameters to an array. As such a popular use case before the parameter parsing change was the following:

$foo = null;
$bar = array_merge($foo, $array);

Since 5.0 this would lead to $bar being false and not $array. While it could be argued that the user should do an explicit cast himself, it was still a clear BC issue that caused a lot of issues for developers.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]