Hi!

Since 5.0 this would lead to $bar being false and not $array. While it could be argued that the user should do an explicit cast himself, it was still a clear BC issue that caused a lot of issues for developers.

Generally I think it would be nice if all functions behaved uniformly (i.e. zend_parse_parameters has a standard, all use it). But we could create special cases by accepting things as "z" and doing whatever we want, I guess.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]