Pierre,
Pierre Joye wrote:
Hi Ulf,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Ulf Wendel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pierre Joye schrieb:
Drop the launchpad and use php's cvs. We have actually two development
branches (5.3 until the 24th and HEAD) and PECL. The latter let you
experiment as much as you wish.
Pierre, you are not in the position to tell us what repository we use for
internal developments and experimental features.

I am in the position to tell you that I disagree with your choices.
I'm even more concerned as I try to maintain and test the current
windows releases for our PHP releases. Given the almost complete lack
of answers from MySql to my requests, I'm actually in the positions to
worry about what is happening here. That being said, I will leave you
in peace now. I told you my thoughts, my worries and the reasoning
behind them. I also showed more than once my willingness to help (and
not only for mysqlnd) . If the only results is such answers...

As much as I don't like using Windows we do test our code on Windows. We do test it on Fedora, Debian, Solaris (x86 and sparc), and even more. We can test on more than the PHP project can test - hpux and other rarities. Dunno if you have ever heard of Pushbuild, it's internal MySQL which supports constant building after every commit on a matrix of platforms. We use similar tool which uses the same platforms to run PHP tests. So we take quality next to our hearts. If you are on another opinion Ulf will get insulted, believe me. He does the dirty job of testing not only mysqlnd but PDO. How many times he did grumble because of PDO problems - I know, because I am constantly communicating with him.

Or should I start flaming againt the developing of a new PHP parser at
svn://whisky.macvicar.net/php-re2c . Looks like there are two classes of
developers in your world. The bad and the good. The good can use their own
repositories. The bad may not. And MySQL is bad.

See Scott answer and I can hardly see a relation between the two.

Best,
Andrey