Pierre Joye schrieb:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Ulf Wendel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What's your point, what requests are you talking about?

Please ask Johannes, I told them to him live last time we met. If
there is doubts, I will happily repeat them.

So, you have one question related to Windows builds - I did not know that.

According to Johannes you both have chatted on IRC about it after you met. The chat did not help to clearify the question. Can you rephrase the question, what version of PHP are we talking about?

I saw one person complaining about mysqlnd being compiled into PHP although
no mysql extension was compiled into PHP: bug - open to anybody to fix.

Ok, I will fix that as It does not make sense to enable mysqlnd when
no mysql extensions are enabled (but that's the least of my worries).

Cool. Its annoying to see anything in a binary which is not needed (here: mysqlnd). Like it makes no sense to have ext/pdo compiled into PHP if no driver is compiled into PHP. I hope we're not down to a point where we really need consult each other for such a minor change...

  PHP has a
very vivid team of developers fixing many issues before they go down to the
maintainers, see the constant work on bug reports. I relied on that to
happen. Is that the issue you are talking about?

How can that happen when you do many maybe unrelated changes in one
commit? How can I (or other) granulary review a commit in this case
(if something is broken)?

I have no clue if Andrey has combined several fixes in one commit. At this point I have to rely on him choosing a proper granularity for a commit. Too large commits can always happen. You can work for a month in your local CVS copy and commit 100k at one - no difference.

We are one week before a freeze and we just see than one of the most
important change for this release is developed outside our tree, I
seriously hope that you understand our worries (I'm not alone to
worry). We may not have have the time to deal with the last minutes
issues introduced by a last minute sync (== disable).

So, this is the real issue behind this discussion, or is there more, such as the Windows question from above?

mysqlnd has been committed into PHP 5.3 branch (and into HEAD) in October 2007. Since then several updates have been comitted into the CVS. This is yet another update. For whatever reason you seem to see a difference between this and previous updates.

Do you want to hint that no extension maintainer should update their extensions any more due to the announced code freeze on July, 24th because you do not have enough time between code freeze and alpha 1? If so, the time between code freeze and alpha 1 seems too short.

Ulf