On 24.07.2008, at 11:10, Christian Seiler wrote:

Personally, I don't care whether a object-to-string cast is present or
not.

So lets remove it?

I don't think Closure can be meaningfully exported. Can we prohibit it?

Unfortunately, currently not, see the var_export code.

I think we can make working clone there - just copy all data, etc.

Perhaps. But I'd recommend this should be postponed, as there are quite a few subtleties regarding semantics of bound variables involved. Should
there seem to be a strong need for cloning closures by the community,
this can always be implemented in a future PHP version. IMHO.

I agree that both are not super high priority. So lets keep them for 5.4/6.0, ok?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]