On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Pierre Joye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi Lester,
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Lester Caine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> What is the correct procedure to create a new driver, or rather clone the
>> existing php_interbase so that we can build a proper Firebird version that
>> actually uses the fbclient.dll rather than sharing the now incompatible
>> GDS32.DLL client. Some people are starting to use Interbase in parallel with
>> Firebird, but the driver can only access one client :(
>
> I wonder where ended our discussions about fixing firebird/interbase
> issues on windows. Despite my reminders, I saw nothing from any of the
> volunteers. It is very unlikely that I or any other will take care of
> these drivers any time soon. That means that it is likely to do not be
> present at all in 5.3.0+ (windows).

The only bugs left are the one with blobs
http://bugs.php.net/search.php?cmd=display&status=Open&bug_type%5B%5D=InterBase+related

and i think the failed events tests from the extension directory

Please tell us what issues are still present on windows ?
I guess if you are on an windows machine is quite easy to install firebird
do an full build and send us the report

> Cheers,
> --
> Pierre