Pierre Joye wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:54 PM, marius popa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Pierre Joye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi Lester,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Lester Caine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What is the correct procedure to create a new driver, or rather clone the
existing php_interbase so that we can build a proper Firebird version that
actually uses the fbclient.dll rather than sharing the now incompatible
GDS32.DLL client. Some people are starting to use Interbase in parallel with
Firebird, but the driver can only access one client :(
I wonder where ended our discussions about fixing firebird/interbase
issues on windows. Despite my reminders, I saw nothing from any of the
volunteers. It is very unlikely that I or any other will take care of
these drivers any time soon. That means that it is likely to do not be
present at all in 5.3.0+ (windows).
The only bugs left are the one with blobs
http://bugs.php.net/search.php?cmd=display&status=Open&bug_type%5B%5D=InterBase+related

and i think the failed events tests from the extension directory

Please tell us what issues are still present on windows ?

No build are done and none are planed in a near future without a
significant effort from the actual users or developers of the
firebird/interbase drivers.

The 5.2.6 Windows build is not NOW showing any of the problems introduced with the changes to the 5.2.x builds. There MAY still be a problem with 64 bit builds for Linux, but it's been difficult to actually prove anything.

So WHAT THE F**K are you expecting from us? We just need *ANY* windows 5.2.7 compilation to test, and the last 5.3.0 build was working fine but until the 'discussion' on other areas are concluded there seems little point doing any further testing?

FIREBIRD has pulled somewhat further ahead and needs it's own build for that, but there has still been no response on how we can achieve that! And until the windows snapshot builds are actually being produced it's difficult to test anything :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL