On 14.10.2008, at 23:15, Steph Fox wrote:

anyways, given the current state most people voted to remove namespaces from PHP 5.3. i assume that all people that casted these votes were (and still are) confident that they actually know what they voted on. maybe some of the people involved in finding the current proposals will try to document the issues and the solution (and the issues in these solutions) onces more in the hopes of changing the minds of some of the people that have voted. i personally have spend enough time on namespaces for now that i will not involve myself in that any further for now.

I think we should wait and see what Greg et al come up with. If they're close to a solution they believe will be acceptable to all, we're voting too soon.

err .. you misunderstood me .. Dmitry wasnt happy with his approach .. last I heard Greg also stopped exploring his alternative approaches. so dont hold you breath.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]