Le mardi 14 octobre 2008 à 15:30 -0700, Andi Gutmans a écrit :
> > err .. you misunderstood me .. Dmitry wasnt happy with his approach ..
> > last I heard Greg also stopped exploring his alternative approaches.
> > so dont hold you breath.
>
> As I said, I talked to Dmitry today and he was OK with it.
> I do think there's also a good chance to make progress with Greg.
>
> I suggest to give it a couple of more days. In any case, as I said, the
> real issues that are being discussed are mostly marginal and I think a
> broader alpha/beta when the time comes will help get the necessary
> feedback from people who really play around with it and/or bring up
> other issues.

Hi,

I've played a lot with namespaces too, and wrote a new version of some
project I wrote long time ago with namespaces in mind.

Old 99% procedural code, written years ago:
http://ookoo.org/svn/pinetd/

New object code, with namespaces:
http://ookoo.org/svn/pinetd2/

The new code was already started more than one year ago, and had some
updates (eg. import became use), however it still somewhat works (I'm
testing it with php 5.3alpha2, and I'm waiting for PHP 5.3 to be
released before officially announcing the new branch and fixing some of
the remaining bugs, see for example http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=46127
which I'd like to see fixed in HEAD/PHP_5_3).

By the way I'd just like to point out that I never ever had to use
functions/defines in namespaces, and don't really care about those
anyway. As far as I understand it, namespaces are an oop element, and
shouldn't affect non-oo programming. Because of this, the only real
change I had to follow was when "use" replaced "import".

Anyway I had a few other ideas related to namespaces I posted here
before, but got no feedback, so I'll just continue to use this in my own
php versions; and that's all.

Mark