Antony Dovgal wrote:

On 15.10.2008 12:55, Krister Karlström wrote:
Hi,

On the Ubuntu server (where the problems occured) I'm not good enough to figure out which version of FreeTDS that is boundled with PHP, but these packages are installed with PHP:

I don't think it's bundled, it should be a separate package in your system.
`apt-cache search freetds` should find it, I guess.

This commands gives:

freetds-dev - MS SQL and Sybase client library (static libs and headers)
libct3 - libraries for connecting to MS SQL and Sybase SQL servers
libsybdb5 - libraries for connecting to MS SQL and Sybase SQL servers
tdsodbc - ODBC driver for connecting to MS SQL and Sybase SQL servers
gda2-freetds - FreeTDS backend plugin for GNOME Data Access library for GNOME2
libdbd-freetds - Freetds database server driver for libdbi
libgda3-freetds - FreeTDS backend plugin for GNOME Data Access library for GNOME2 sqlrelay-freetds - SQL Relay FreeTDS (Sybase and MS SQL Server) connection daemon
sqsh - commandline SQL client for MS SQL and Sybase servers
php5-mssql - MSSQL module for php5

In /usr/share/doc/freetds-dev I found version 0.63 of FreeTDS though, at least according to the change logs. I'm not sure that this is the library used though, I really suck on dealing with packages on Ubuntu/Debian.. Anyway, everything is installed with the package manager in Ubuntu, so everything installed should have come from there...

/Krister Karlström

On the Slackware platform we're apparently using version 0.64, I notice now that there's a newer version 0.82 out.

Could it be that Ubuntu has upgraded to 0.82 which causes the problem?

Sure, anything is possible.

--
* Ing. Krister Karlström, Zend Certified Engineer         *
* Systemutvecklare, IT-Centralen                          *