2008/10/18 Steph Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I did actually keep tabs on this. Yes the choice of separator played a part
> for many. However there were just as many who were happy with it - and the
> same would have applied whatever separator was used.

What I'm wondering is how many of those "many" voted for or against a
proposition for the wrong reason. For instance, how many users
understood that 2 is not about the use of triple colon? If someone
disregarded 2 because of the triple colon then it was a mistake, as
the triple colon was only an example. And I'm not saying it would
change the result of that poll, if a poll on which separator to use
had been conducted perhaps the triple colon would have won--it has had
good numbers in the past.

In the end, what I'm wondering is how reliable people are when asked
about their opinion. Usually not much, but you know that already.

> However, the public part of this debate is over now. The Big 3 are very
> aware of the tally and are very capable of drawing their own conclusions
> from it. Everyone else on internals@ never wants to read 'the N word' ever
> again.

Well, I'm sure that people are very capable of drawing their own
conclusions, but I like to entertain the idea that clarifying a
folder.

As for reading the N word... well, realistically I'd suggest creating
a filter on your mail client :] In this very thread you still see
people voting even though it was announced somewhere else that the
poll was closed, so I don't really see it dying anytime soon, sorry.
With that said, I'd enjoy having less noise on the list as much as
anyone else.

-JD