On 10.11.2008, at 12:06, Jani Taskinen wrote:

Marcus Boerger wrote:
Hello Jani,
Monday, November 10, 2008, 11:41:44 AM, you wrote:
Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to ask everybody to skim over the changes for PHP 5.3 we have in CVS (especially bigger stuff like the addition/ removal of an extension etc.). Please bring up any areas you are concerned about that we might have forgotten. However I am not interested in people bringing up a debate again on namespace syntax or resolution orders (I hope to have the final behavior in CVS ASAP). This is just an attempt to ensure
1. Change ext/phar to be disabled by default
We are not disabling thois because Jani doesn't like it.

Eh? It wasn't supposed to be enabled everywhere from the beginning!
Only for the RC stage. Search the mailing list. It's not about me not liking it or not, it's about general usefulness.

No, this is just your selective interpretation of the situation. We decided to enable it by default because if we felt its important to be enabled by default. We left ourselves the option of not enabling it by default (or even removing it) in case we find issues that make it unfit to be enabled by default (or bundled).

So far it seems that Greg/Marcus/Steph have been quick to react to any issues that have popped up. Checking the pecl and php bug tracker seems to validate this.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]